Friday, November 15, 2013
A little confession...
Ironically Written in the Stars begins with a diary of a thirteen year old girl a who honestly believes that once people pass a certain age in life, their brains start to die and since she doesn't want to forget what it feels like to be young, she begins documenting what she thinks is important in her life.
And now for my confession...
I have tried numerous times to keep a diary when I was younger. I have at least five different unfinished diaries sitting in my hope chest. They all seem to start out good, and I was a little surprised when I read one that had more than two months of memories written in it. Mind you, it wasn't a full two months, more like once a week for two months and then it was song lyrics I really liked, poems that I wrote, and pictures of my doodle art. That's how all my diaries ended up.
I'm not sure if it's because I lived such a boring life that I had nothing to write about, or if I was what the call A.D.D. now a days, but either way I never finished what I started. (In the diary department).
As I was re-writing Written in the Stars for the umpteen time, I started wondering why I would start the book out with a diary since I was never able to keep one, and that's when it hit me. I had always been interested in keeping a diary, but was never able to discipline myself enough to actually keep up with one so starting WITS out in diary form is my way of proving to myself that discipline comes with age. It may have taken me twenty some odd years, but eventually I was able to actually keep a diary.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment