Sunday, April 15, 2012
4/15/2012
If someone were to ask me a few years ago what the difference is between an artistic and a directive mind, I would have looked at them as if they were speaking a different language. It wasn’t until I started writing, or listening to what my husband was actually saying that I realized there was even a difference. It was hard for me to believe that he didn’t hear music, see movies, or get from books the same thing I did. It was even harder to believe that he wasn’t amazed by a painting that I was in awe from. It took a while and a lot of questions, but I realize now he’s sees life as a plan, something that has to have order to it from every angle to work. When he looks at a tree, he analyzes the growth pattern of it and how much work it’s going to be when it’s leaves start to fall. When I look at tree, I see the beauty it has to hold. How amazing it is that its leaves can change to such beautiful colors before they fall, or what it must have seen in all the years it has stood in that one spot. To me, a tree holds a story in itself.
I now completely understand why he is absolutely amazing at running a multimillion dollar company, and I never will be.
It wasn’t until Written in the Stars was released and I started getting asked by numerous people where I got my inspiration, or how amazed they were that I could actually write a whole book, and still have other stories play in my head at the same time. At one point I thought they were just being nice. Trying to boost my ego, until I started receiving letters on how my book made them realize what they need to do to let go of a loved one, or hold on to a love they thought to be dead. It inspired them to keep going.
It’s still hard for me to think I wrote something to those standards, but it also inspires me to keep writing. So I’m finally going to answer the one question I’ve never been able to do with confidence.
“Where do I get the inspiration to write my stories?”
I wish everyone could see life through a writer eyes and see all the stories it has to holds. Listen to music and not only hear it, but really appreciate the emotion and creativity it took to make that song, movie, play, painting, or book come alive. Not everything in life has to have rhyme or reason to it. Especially if it makes you feel alive, or makes you look at the world like a story waiting to unfold. To me, a writer, the world and life holds more than enough inspiration for me to write a million books. It also helps to have such an amazing family and friends walking through life with me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment