Thursday, April 12, 2012
4/12/12
March started and ended to be a heart wrenching month. To lose someone you truly care about to disease like Cancer makes you stop and think that yes it can happen to you. I realized my heart can be broken the same way I've written about so many times.
A few years ago, I created Sophie Watters. A young girl who loses her mother to Cancer. Even though I never had anyone close to me die of Cancer it was still hard to write. I put myself in Sophie's shoes and wrote what I saw through make believe eyes.
I never thought I would ever have to experience the realization of what it actually feels like to lose someone to such a horrible disease. The fear of dying in his eyes when I said my final goodbyes is an image permanently etched in my mind. I can't help wondering, if I never wrote about losing someone to Cancer, would this have happened. To this day, sadness still fills my heart, but I know Scott is in a much better place and his pain is gone.
It might have taken awhile, but I finally feel like I'm back on track with writing and creating characters that I hope my readers can still connect to the same way they did with Sophie in Written in the Stars and To the Moon and Back.
My third book Forbidden Love may not be the fairy tale come true story like my other two, but I promise there will still be love, laughter, and tears. It will be just mixed in with a little supernatural.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment