Tuesday, July 16, 2013

A little teaser from the new Written in the Stars

The intensity in his eyes paralyzed me as his left hand slowly slid around my waist. I silently gasped when he pulled me into him, and held my breath as his right hand gently ran the length of my arm until it intertwined with mine. He rested our hands against his chest as we started swaying to the music. It wasn’t until he started softly singing to me that I lost all control and melted in his embrace. Breathing became an issue when I felt the hotness of his breath on my neck with each word he sang, immobilizing me to where I would have crumbled to the ground if he weren’t holding me. Not only did the world around us disappear, but so did I as I got lost in the moment. A moment that I found myself praying would never end. Every inch of my body tingled from his touch, and for the first time I knew I was exactly where I wanted to be, and with the only person I wanted to be with. For the first time since my mom died, I felt love.

No comments:

Post a Comment