Friday, May 4, 2012

5/4/12 finally my groove is back...

I sat down at my computer today and instead of staring at the very white, blank page I wrote and before I knew it Chapter four of Forbidden Love had a thousand words within just a little over thirty minutes. Which is good, and I’m very excited about it, but whenever I’m done writing something that I think is amazing and I’m proud of, I feel the need to share it with someone. It was easy to share my first two books, especially after Written in the Stars was published because I didn’t have to worry about someone stealing my storyline. However, FB is different and as much as I want everyone to read the chapters right after I write them the only people I trust is my family. A family that even though supports and loves me very much is also quite sick of me calling them every day just so I can read them what I had written. So this brings me to a problem I hate to admit that I have and I really need to get over. Insecurity…Am I really that insecure with my writing that I need someone to read after me just so they can tell me I’m doing a good job, and if I do then should I be writing? Not only should I believe in myself, but I should also believe in my writing enough to where I’m the only one who needs to approve it, at least until I find a publisher. I’m so worried that I won’t give the readers what they want, that I have make sure I’m writing for them every time I sit down at my computer. This is not a bad thing considering how wonderful it feels when someone actually likes what I write, but when I started writing, I wrote for me and people liking it after I was done was a plus. Writing is so much more than I expected it be, but now I realize once you let the politics in, the beauty of it disappears. So, I’m just going to keep writing for myself, at least until I find a publisher or an agent.

No comments:

Post a Comment